Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Teen Dating and other Date topics.
Do any of the following statements describe you or your daughter since you/she began dating?
1. Before my daughter met her boyfriend, she had more friends than she does now.
2. Her grades have declined in recent weeks or months.
3. She used to be more outgoing and involved with her family, school activities, and/or place of worship.
4. She frequently cries or is very sad.
5. If he pages her, she must call him back immediately.
6. He told her that he loved her early in their relationship.
7. He is jealous if she looks at or speaks casually with another boy.
8. He accuses her of doing things she hasn't actually done.
9. He is aggressive in other areas of his life: he puts his fist through walls or closets, bands his fist to make a point, or throws objects when angry.
10. He frequently roughhouses or play-wrestles with her.
11. She makes excuses for his poor behavior or says it's her fault.
12. He has a "tragic" home life: he is or was physically abused or verbally demeaned, and/or one oor both parents are alcoholics or use drugs.
If you answered "yes" to more than four of the statements, consider seeking counsel from someone you trust. This relationship may be wrong for your (or your daughter).
|Sheri Ann Richerson|