Chemistry.com Tip: The singles dating scene can be a pretty mixed bag. For singles looking to make it past the first date to get to know that potential mate a little better, there are some rules of dating to follow. Here are five things singles shouldn’t forget on a first date.
1. Your manners. Little thoughts of appreciation like “thank you” show thoughtfulness. Making it on time to a first date show you respect the other person’s time.
2. Interest. Pay close attention to what someone says so he or she knows you’re interested. Noticing what your date’s hobbies are, likes and dislikes can go a long way to moving from a first date to the next one.
3. Compliments. If your date mentions he just snagged a success at work, acknowledge and compliment him on it. If your date just finished her first marathon, let her know how impressed you are.
4. Avoid the Exes. Even if you just broke up with your girlfriend three weeks ago and want to share all the sordid details – don’t. No one wants to hear about an ex during a first date.
5. Avoid family discussions. Talking about how many kids you want down the line and your dreams of a home with a picket fence aren’t good material for singles to discuss on a first date. If you have to pick a topic of discussion, focus on work, hobbies and your interests.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.
Searching for the right one is no easy task. At Chemistry.com we believe that successful relationships require that special spark between two people. Based upon years of research by Dr. Helen Fisher - a renowned cultural anthropologist, sex and brain researcher, and Chemistry.com's Chief Scientific Advisor - Chemistry believes that this spark most often occurs between people with complementary personalities and genetic make-ups. Our users' responses to our in-depth personality analysis allows our system to determine who are the best matches for each person in their geographic area. We hope that the information that we have provided for you here on LifeTips has been helpful to you and thank you for your continued interest in our content. Please come to our website, http://chemistry.com, to take the next step in your relationship search. Stop searching for love.... start finding it!!!
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|